Girls Try Hockey for Free Day will take place October 8, 2016 from 1-3 p.m. at the UMass Mullins Center Community Rink. Join the Amherst Hockey Association as we expand our Girls’ Division!
* No skating experience required
* All girls ages 4 and up are welcome
* Free skate rentals available
* Please bring your own bicycle or hockey helmets; hockey helmets will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis
* Come skate with members of the UMass Women’s Hockey Team
* Skaters should have gloves (hockey gloves or winter gloves)
* Used equipment sale from 2-4 p.m.: outfit your child (or yourself) for a fraction of the cost of new gear
* For more information, please contact Karen Skolfield at
In October 2015, the Amherst Hockey Association held its first Girls Try Hockey for Free Day with 75 girls on the ice. Thanks to the enthusiasm of participants and their families, AHA is offering two all-girl teams: one at the Learn to Play level (ages 4-8) and one for older girls (ages 9-15). Go to the “registration” page to read about these teams and sign up.
The photos below are courtesy of AHA’s own Ryan Scott. You may also look at the photo galleries by photographers at the Gazette and MassLive (The Republican); click on the links here.